0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

How to Bleed Hydraulic Brakes (DYISLAND) for Electric Scooters Tutorial

I have a Chinese generic electric scooter and has some generic type hydraulic brakes. The brake levers indicate that it's from DYISLAND brand. Mine only lasted a few months tops before completely losing brake pressure. I have done adjusting the screw on the brake levers many times to bring pads closer to the disc but they lose pressure in a day later. And there is no tutorial found for this specific type of brake bleeding on YouTube so I decided to take a shot and got myself a brake bleed kit and mineral oil on amazon and bleed the brakes myself. It was successful. Here is the video of how I have done it. Hope that it helps others to solve brake issue.

Brake bleed kit
    Robot Check
    Mineral oil for hydraulic brakes
    Robot Check

How to Bleed Hydraulic Brakes (DYISLAND) for Electric Scooters Tutorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ok here is my experience on the result of brake bleeding after 100 miles. The braking has definitely improved. There is still some play in the brake levers when braking but it has enough meat and power to stop the scooter reasonably fast. I also had to adjust the screws in brake levers to fine tune the spacing between the brake pads and the disc. Before I did the brake bleeding the scooter was useless cause it could barely stop...adjusting the screws didn't matter as it kept losing pressure on the brakes. But it is okay for now. I will be performing a new project on further increasing brake power on these generic type hydraulic brake systems for the electric scooters soon. Stay tuned..