0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

5600W Electric Scooter Electronically Limited at 56 MPH

Guys I did more testing on top speed of my 5600w electric scooter (Green Road Line) and it stops accelerating at 56 mph... At full throttle the scooter pulls say from 50 mph and stops at 56. I think it's electronically limited in speed as I feel the motor has room to go faster...as I know this cause it gets to 56 mph even in slight uphill with good headwind... the only time I was able to get to 57 mph was on a downhill... thought these scooters can go as fast as the motor and voltage allow..
    BTW it's stock no modification other than using a lightweight bike seatpost and aero saddle. I ride in a seated position and I weigh 135 lbs. I just wanted to share my experience with the scooter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down

ok Thanks for telling. Which brands scooter you are riding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by meahkhalif View Post
    ok Thanks for telling. Which brands scooter you are riding?
    It's called Green Road Line.. got it from a crook seller from eBay. The guy (from UK) didn't take responsibility to service my scooter when it broke (motor and controller failure) and disappeared from eBay so I had to order the parts myself from AliExpress trying to fix it. My scooter worked fine when I first got it, then he'll broke loose in two months. My scooter has not been "fully" functional for 9 months... It's a piece of junk and not reliable at all.. the scooter is from China, the chassis, motors, controllers, brakes, all of it. Brake pads only last 500 miles you need to buy 40- 50 pieces of brake pads for your braking to last. I spent about $900 on top of what I paid for this expensive ($2600) junk scooter so that tops off $3,500 and still not a complete scooter you will be better off save a few more bucks and get a real fine quality Rion2 RE60 scooter for $4500...or get the RE70 battery upgrade for $5100 (shipping included) for more range. Chinese scooters are not the way to go unless you are a mechanic and electrician and engineer cause then you can fix it on your own inside out for cheap. I got to learn quite a bit though, trying to fix this thing myself.
    Correction on the speed, it's actually 54 mph top speed from GPS. My throttle display (MS668) reads 2 mph higher from 45-57 mph range and about 1/2 mph higher at 35 mph which is very insanely accurate considering other scooters with TF100 or LS100 speed display with their supplied controllers read exaggerated numbers in speed as high as 10 mph. My scooter topped out at 55 mph GPS in a slight down hill...so yes it's still fast as hell. I have this scooter build modification project going on in the maintenance/repair section of this site. Check it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down

By the way the reason why my scooter was so fast is because it came with two 50 amp controllers which nets to about 6700w of power at full charge so yeah this one is underrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs Up/Down

There's more to tell. The Chinese battery that comes with this scooter is crap.. It's a 26 Ah but it is completely worthless in cold weather. At 40 degree F temperature your battery starts losing charge fast. In the high 20s to mid 30s you can only get 3- 5miles out of this battery, that is with low to mid speed setting. You will be better off just ride your bicycle...or jog. DON'T buy a scooter with Chinese battery. Get either Samsung or LG they are the best in the market and don't lose charge in subzero temps and the voltage doesn't get dropped (spikes) as bad either under load.
    Last edited by noobz; 12-31-2020 at 02:41 PM.