Squeaking Noises coming from the Handlebar

Thread: Squeaking Noises coming from the Handlebar

Squeaking Noises coming from the Handlebar

Hello.

I registered here after reading your review on the Dualtron Thunder and found it pretty much spot on.

I just wanted to offer your readers who might also have been experiencing it to try the fix we have done in my country (Philippines) where we have a thriving community of DT owners (we have about 150 so far).

The Squeaking noise seems to emanate from the stem or handlebar but you are partially right about the 2 bolts near the folding mechanism. Loosening it does affect the squeak but it's not a viable solution. The real culprit is the big bolt that acts as an axle for the folding mechanism. What you need to do to loosen it a bit and tighten it down again while spraying some WD40 on it. This has eliminated that irritating squeak.

Then also put WD-40 on the Quick Release Clamp as you push it down into position and lock it down.

Thanks and I hope it helps.
    Last edited by DaveD; 10-15-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
    Hello.

I registered here after reading your review on the Dualtron Thunder and found it pretty much spot on.

I just wanted to offer your readers who might also have been experiencing it to try the fix we have done in my country (Philippines) where we have a thriving community of DT owners (we have about 150 so far).

The Squeaking noise seems to emanate from the stem or handlebar but you are partially right about the 2 bolts near the folding mechanism. Loosening it does affect the squeak but it's not a viable solution. The real culprit is the big bolt that acts as an axle for the folding mechanism. What you need to do to loosen it a bit and tighten it down again while spraying some WD40 on it. This has eliminated that irritating squeak.

Then also put WD-40 on the Quick Release Clamp as you push it down into position and lock it down.

Thanks and I hope it helps.
    Hey Dave

Welcome! Thanks for the instructions, i am waiting for my dualtron thunder to be delivered any time soon.. hoping to get it in two weeks max. I will link this post in main article review. I bet those DT rides are awesome

I am going to make a sections for rides where users can post their YT clips.

Thanks again!

You're most welcome.

Here's one of our rides. We also have Weped RR's and the new Weped Mini R in our group.

You're most welcome.

Here's one of our rides. We also have Weped RR's and the new Weped Mini R in our group.

Nice night ride

Btw, i am gathering details about the weped, do you know an official site where i can find all models and specs for them ?

Sorry I wish I could help. The seller here in my country is Korean as well and he tells me the company in Korea isn't staffed with a lot of people so they aren't suited to selling their products globally (yet).

What I can tell you is that it's quite different in terms of riding style and performance so those blessed to have a Weped RR also have a DT just because the DT is so much more practical for real world use. Can't even follow the bloody thing in a ride coz' those large tires will throw bits of asphalt at anyone riding behind it and you'll feel like you're being shot with a bb gun ha ha ha.

Sorry I wish I could help. The seller here in my country is Korean as well and he tells me the company in Korea isn't staffed with a lot of people so they aren't suited to selling their products globally (yet).

What I can tell you is that it's quite different in terms of riding style and performance so those blessed to have a Weped RR also have a DT just because the DT is so much more practical for real world use. Can't even follow the bloody thing in a ride coz' those large tires will throw bits of asphalt at anyone riding behind it and you'll feel like you're being shot with a bb gun ha ha ha.
    Oh.. i understand, so far i have this

Weped ver.R 73km/h. 130km distance, 60v/31.5A Samsung(lithium ion), weight 39kg weped
    Weped PRO R ? - WEPED PRO R Racing Electric Scooter. Maximum Speed: ~73km/h. Power : 4500W. 0-40 km/h in about 3 seconds. Battery ~130km Distance at 30-35… | WePed | Pinte…
    Weped miniR 60v 10.5A/17.5A, 20 kg, distance 30km. 25 kmh
    Weped RR 73km/h, 4500W, distance 130km, weight 39kg, Samsung Lithium Ion 58.8V/27.5A - Fancy - Weped Pro R Electric Racing Scooter

Is this the official WEPED
    - YouTube
    ? They have good videos but no specs in any of them I want to review those as well, but first i need to gather all the data about each model. Currently soo confused )

No idea if what i have here is true :/

I'll try to get you more info the next time I visit the dealer here

Awesome, very much appreciated! Thank you!

Hey Dave,i need your help with my thunder.. are you online ? :/

Sent private message